Carolyn Martello Spaulding
45 School Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02108
Carolyn Martello Spaulding is a probate attorney with extensive experience in guardianship law, estate administration, elder law, long term care planning, and trusts and estates. A graduate of Boston University's School of Law, Carolyn Martello Spaulding is admitted to practice law in both Massachusetts and New York. She has been practicing in the field since 1999. The National Elder Law Foundation has certified Carolyn as a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA).
Carolyn is dedicated to understanding each individual client's goals, informing him or her of the legal options available, and assisting each in accomplishing their personalized objectives.
Attorney Martello Spaulding structures Health Care Proxies, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Trusts customized to client needs. When necessary, she attains Guardianships over incompetent persons, which enable them to get the medical treatment and/or financial protection that they need. In addition, Carolyn assists families in evaluating other legal options including Conservatorships and Receiverships. She also probates estates and works to assist executors, administrators, and heirs to resolve estate conflicts. In addition, she enables elderly and disabled clients to fund nursing home, assisted living facility or at-home living costs through assistance from Mass Health, Social Security, and other public benefits programs. Furthermore, she is experienced in drafting and administering Special Needs Trusts, which enable clients to retain funds for their extraordinary needs. Special Needs Trusts allow the families of disabled individuals to provide for their relatives well into the future years without affecting their qualification for public benefits.
Carolyn is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Areas of Practice:
- Estate Probate and Administration
- Guardianship and Incapacity Planning
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Long-term Care and Medicaid Planning
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts JD
- Boston University College of Communications, Boston, Massachusetts - BS in Journalism
- Western New England Law School, LLM Estate Planning & Elder Law
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Speaking and Seminars:
- Rhode Island Care Management Network
- April 2013: The Law of Fiduciary Decision Making: Minors, the Elderly, and the Disabled